- UNCW Irish Dance Club seeks to enrich the diverse culture in the UNCW and Wilmington communities by providing an outlet for the appreciation and exploration of Irish culture through Irish dance.
Our club “Sláinte”(pronounced “slan-cha”) meaning cheers in Gaelic also seeks to promote physical fitness through lessons and performances both for those with and without Irish dance experience.”
- Walsh Kelley School of Irish Dance
We have three dance studios in North Carolina. Our students regularly perform throughout the region, sharing the centuries-old Irish tradition with everyone. If you’re interested in trying out Irish dancing for yourself, our classes are divided by experience. So whether you’ve never danced a step in your life or you’ve competed with the best of the best in the World Championships, we have a class for you.
- Point your toe
Point Your Toes Dance Studio was opened 10 years ago in the Ogden area of Wilmington, NC by studio owner, Melissa Derham. Her studio promises an enjoyable, nurturing environment while teaching your child to love dance. We absolutely expect our staff to be good role models for all of our students at the studio, as well as away. We have a warm and welcoming studio and invite you to come try a FREE class with us. We teach all boys and girls ages 2 and up. We offer many styles of dance: Ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, hip-hop, clogging, lyrical, tumbling, cheer and special needs.We offer a flexible schedule with many class options. Please see our summer schedule posted on the website. Things you may like to know about us:
- We have a spring recital!
- We participate in local festivals and parades!
- You can purchase your shoes, tights and leotards from us directly!
- Tuition is due by the 10th of every month!!
- Each style of dance has its own dress code!
- We offer company classes!
- We allow you to try one FREE class before signing up!